A new cookieless way to reach your patients, powered by Dstillery’s ID-free technology.
1. What is Custom Patient Targeting?
Custom Patient Targeting is a new privacy-safe patient targeting solution designed for healthcare brands. It offers the precision and customization you need to drive your best patient outcomes. It doesn’t rely on user-based targeting, ensuring compliance with all laws, policies, and guidelines from HIPAA, NAI and DSPs. Using AI-powered predictive modeling, we build a just-for-your-condition targeting model that bids on individual impressions based on aggregated patient behavior.
2. How is it precise?
Every single potential impression ad-supported internet is scored and ranked based on its likelihood of targeting your desired patient. This level of granular targeting is unheard of in healthcare.
3. How is it custom?
Custom Patient Targeting starts with your desired seed dataset, enriches it with our AI-powered understanding of every website on the internet, and creates a model tailored to your specific condition and your patient outcome goals.
4. How is it compliant?
Because Custom Patient Targeting doesn’t rely on user-based targeting, we can ensure compliance with all laws, policies, and guidelines.
5. What seed data can I use?
We recommend seeding with your brand’s first-party data for the most precise results. This can be data from your brand’s web pages or segments from a data management platform. If that’s unavailable, we recommend using your brand’s keywords, including product names, symptoms, and co-morbidities. We are in active discussions with leading healthcare data providers to use their real-world evidence (RWE) datasets, allowing brands to use ICD-10 codes to seed models.
6. How do you collect health data?
Our core dataset consists of healthcare-specific websites and keywords from opted-in devices. When combined with non-healthcare-specific event-level data, we find that these signals allow us to more fully see patients’ journeys, resulting in more accurate and robust models. We are in active discussions with leading RWE data providers rooted in payer and claims data to enhance the models. We will work with beta partners to test these incremental datasets in Q2-Q3 2022.
7. How do you target in a HIPPA-compliant way?
Dstillery’s healthcare targeting methodology doesn’t involve the creation of any health-related profiles. It uses a built-in de-identification to ensure that the data isn’t considered Protected Health Information under HIPAA. It also meets the requirements of the NAI sensitive data guidance by utilizing data minimization techniques that minimize the risk of inadvertently identifying a data subject.
8. How are you able to understand the patient journey without user tracking?
Custom Patient Targeting is powered by AI that identifies and learns the patterns of how, when, and from where anonymous opt-in devices browse the web. These behavioral patterns help the AI predict how anonymous patients browse the web.
9. What is the Map of the Internet?
The Map of the Internet (MOTI) is built by a type of AI called a neural network. It constantly analyzes hundreds of millions of anonymous digital journey patterns and learns the behavioral signals underlying any web visit to build the map. It then takes your seed and extends the patterns detected to all websites. The output is a model that scores and ranks every potential impression on the ad-supported internet and predicts the best patient impressions for your condition.
10. How is it different from contextual, condition, endemic, and traditional behavioral targeting?
Custom Patient Targeting is categorized as predictive behavioral targeting, not any of the following.
- Contextual: Contextual scrapes words on web pages in an attempt to infer patient behavior. Custom Patient Targeting doesn’t rely solely on keywords (although they can be a helpful dataset). Instead, it predicts patient behavior with AI.
- Condition: Condition targeting reaches broad demographic groups assumed to be indicative of certain conditions, targeting 10% of the population or more. Custom Patient Targeting can be seeded with demographics, but precisely targets patients based on behavior, not demographics.
- Endemic: Endemic targeting reaches patients on healthcare-related websites only, while Custom Patient Targeting reaches patients at scale across the entire ad-supported internet.
- Traditional Behavioral: Traditional behavioral uses third-party cookies to track users. In contrast, Custom Patient Targeting analyzes behavioral signals from millions of anonymous digital journeys to predict the impressions most likely to be your patient without user tracking.
11. Is this affected by cookie deprecation?
Because Custom Patient Targeting doesn’t rely on user tracking, like third-party cookies, it isn’t affected by cookie deprecation.
12. How is it priced?
We’ve priced Custom Patient Targeting to be on par with or less than traditional cookie-based behavioral targeting products. It’s priced at 20% of media, so if you’re clearing $2.00 inventory, it will be about a $0.40 eCPM.
13. How do I get started?
- Sign targeting agreements
- Provide targeting API access
- Select seeds and outcomes
- Dstillery builds and deploys custom model to campaign
To learn more, please reach out to email@example.com.